elearning • Package
Our Cornwall Children & Families package is a bespoke package suitable for Service Users and their employed PAs who receive their Direct Payment from Cornwall Council. The package is free for Independent Living Group members and offers 6 professional CPD accredited courses for you and all of your PAs.
What You’ll Learn
Safeguarding of Children Awareness (Welsh version available)
– Explain what is meant by the term safeguarding children
– Identify the various types of intervention and their thresholds
– Describe signs and symptoms of possible abuse
– Describe what you should do if you have a concern about a child’s welfare or safety
This course has been designed to ensure that you possess a theoretical knowledge and practical skills in supporting people living with disability to achieve their potentials, and will assess your ability to do the following:
– Be able to put into practice care values
– Gain understanding of equality and diversity
– Gain insight in upholding equality and diversity
– Gain understanding of the single assessment process in person centred care
– Know the legislations governing disability
Equality, Diversity & Human Rights
– Understand the importance of equality and inclusion
– Definition of equality, diversity, inclusion and discrimination
– Work in an inclusive way
– Access information, advice and support about diversity, equality and inclusion
Health & Safety Awareness
Understand health and safety basics in the workplace. Ensure legal responsibilities are met.
Risk Assessment Awareness
This course has been designed to ensure that you hold an awareness of risks and understand how risk assessment should be conducted.
The main points covered are:
– The meaning of risk and risk assessment
– Heinrich Bird’s Accident Triangle (1969)
– Conducting risk assessment
– Vulnerable people
– Understand relevant legislation
– Define personal data
– Describe who the GDPR applies to
– List the 7 key principles
– Describe what is meant by a lawful basis for processing
– List an individual’s rights under the GDPR
– Describe what is meant by security under GDPR
– Understand the need for getting further guidance on GDPR
Please select how many PAs you wish to purchase a package for below. When checking out make sure to add each PA’s name and email address so that they gain access to their learning dashboard.
Inc 6 Courses
How do I log in?
Once you place your order and payment, if necessary, is received our team will get to work on setting up each learners account. Each person will then receive welcome emails containing their individual login credentials.
Can I pay for individual courses?
What to do if you haven’t received your welcome email yet?
All new orders are completed within 3-5 working days. If it has been longer than this and you still haven’t received anything please email email@example.com.
How do I make payment?
When you place your order you will be given an order number, please use this number as a reference when paying via BACS. Our bank details are provided at checkout, via email and in the attached emailed invoice.
Will I get a certificate?
I am from a Support Organisation. Can we set up a bespoke package with ILG Academy?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to look at how we can support your organisation.