elearning • Package
Our Kent & Medway PHB DP package is a bespoke package suitable for PHB DP Holders and their employed PAs who receive their Personal Health Budget from Kent & Medway ICB. The package is free for PHB DP Holders that have Home Employment Insurance through Mark Bates Ltd &/or for Independent Living Group members.
What You’ll Learn
Moving & Handling of People Awareness
– Describe what moving and handling is
– Name some key pieces of legislation relating to moving and handling
– Identify your company policy on moving and handling
– Understand different types of injuries and accidents in the workplace
– Describe the risk assessment process
– Learn or refresh key skills for moving and handling
– Practice moving and handling tasks frequently used in your workplace
– Understand the different classification of medication
– Name relevant government legislation relating to medication
– Describe your responsibilities as a care worker when giving medication
– Understand what constitutes good medication administration process
– Understand the need for safe storage and disposal of medication
– Recognise the need for proper record keeping and information sharing
– Describe the role of the CQC
Infection, Prevention & Control Awareness
– Understand the chain of infection and how people are infected
– Describe the types of germs and infection
– Name some common health care associated infections
– Understand the need for infection control and HSAI management
– Understand how to wash hands to WHO standard
– Describe what PPE is available for infection control
– Understand how you can help prevent infection spreading
– Understand the role of CQC
Safeguarding of Adults Awareness (Welsh version available)
– Explain what is meant by the term safeguarding adults at risk
– Identify the types of abuse
– Describe some signs and symptoms of possible abuse
– Describe what you should do if you have a concern about an adult’s welfare or safety
Safeguarding of Children Awareness (Welsh version available)
– Explain what is meant by the term safeguarding children
– Identify the various types of intervention and their thresholds
– Describe signs and symptoms of possible abuse
– Describe what you should do if you have a concern about a child’s welfare or safety
Pressure Sore Awareness
This course has been designed to ensure that you understand Pressure Sores and are aware of its causes. The main points covered are:
– Understand what a Pressure Ulcer is
– Describe how a Pressure Ulcer forms
– Demonstrate knowledge of what makes an individual at higher risk of developing Pressure Ulcers
– Describe warning signs that would alert you to the possibility of a Pressure Ulcer forming
– Understand the severity of pressure ulcers and how they are treated
Please select how many PAs you wish to purchase a package for below. When checking out make sure to add each PA’s name and email address so that they gain access to their learning dashboard.
Inc 6 Courses
How do I log in?
Once you place your order and payment, if necessary, is received our team will get to work on setting up each learners account. Each person will then receive welcome emails containing their individual login credentials.
Can I pay for individual courses?
What to do if you haven’t received your welcome email yet?
All new orders are completed within 3-5 working days. If it has been longer than this and you still haven’t received anything please email email@example.com.
How do I make payment?
When you place your order you will be given an order number, please use this number as a reference when paying via BACS. Our bank details are provided at checkout, via email and in the attached emailed invoice.
Will I get a certificate?
I am from a Support Organisation. Can we set up a bespoke package with ILG Academy?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to look at how we can support your organisation.